JCC Manhattan’s Performing Arts program develops and showcases dynamic new work rooted in community, Jewish life, culture and society. We encourage audiences to take part in the exhilarating process of bringing new artistic works to life and creating community around the arts. Watch, listen, debate and create with leading contemporary artists from around the world.
The Performing Arts program accepts submissions from musicians, dancers, theater artists, performance artists, and spoken work artists that explore themes that resonate with the mission of JCC Manhattan. Submissions are accepted year-round. Please direct all questions and submissions to email@example.com.
Through its dynamic programming, JCC Manhattan creates an inclusive community guided by Jewish values. We have found that many of those values are universal, and the program presents a perfect opportunity for exploring them. The Goldman Sonnenfeld Auditorium is a state–of–the–art, 240-seat, black box theater with beautiful wooden interior and fabric–padded seats which provide comfortable viewing for all performances. The crossover hall is situated upstage, and the dressing room is designed with full bathroom facility to make backstage access convenient and comfortable for performers. There is a lobby area in the front of the theater that can be used for small receptions. Please review our tech specs to determine if our theater is suitable for your performance.
Before you submit your work for review, we recommend you spend some time looking through our website. In the Performing Arts section you can familiarize yourself with our past shows, and you can explore JCC Manhattan's diverse programming and services throughout the rest of the site. Performance proposals are reviewed on an ongoing basis by the Director of Performing Arts.
A proposal should include:
- A brief introduction to the performance, outlining the discipline, performers, and main themes.
- An artist statement and bio or CV
- Up to 5 work samples (video, audio)
- Any supportive materials (websites, brochures, catalogues) that are uniquely illustrative of the proposed performance or artist
Please email all proposal materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your proposal must be mailed, please send it to:
Senior Director, Arts + Ideas
334 Amsterdam Ave.
New York, NY 10023
- Due to high volume, we are unable to return submissions. Please do not mail us your precious or limited resources. Thank you in advance.
- Due to the multi-purpose nature of our auditorium, we are not able to present long runs of any performance, and must strike sets between performances, and therefore are most able to present performances without complex sets.
- The process of reviewing your work may take several months. We will contact you if we require more information or if your proposal was selected for further consideration. Please do not call or walk in to discuss your proposal. Thank you!