There are three ways to register for programs and events at The JCC in Manhattan. Please be mindful of our program registration, cancellation and credit transfer policies detailed below before you register.
Register In Person: The JCC Box Office is located in the lobby at 334 Amsterdam Ave. Hours are Sun, 10 am-5 pm; Mon-Thu, 9 am-9 pm; Fri, 9 am-4 pm.
Register by Phone: Call 646.505.5708 during same hours listed above or by 24-hour fax at 646.505.4446.
Register Online: www.jccmanhattan.org
To register online, you must set up an account in advance. Click here to begin.
Payment by Visa, M/C, or Amex is accepted.
Please register early. Many programs have limited space, and other programs depend upon a certain enrollment number to ensure they will run. For these reasons, pre-registration is requested at least one week in advance of each program and will guarantee your place only when accompanied by payment. In order to receive the member discounts on programs, The JCC in Manhattan requires that participants be active members at the time of registration and throughout the duration of the registered program(s). Note that the JCC reserves the right to make class reassignments based on skill level and such other factors as the JCC determines in its reasonable discretion.
Please be advised that the JCC operates on a JCC Credit only policy and does not issue any refunds unless otherwise advised and approved by a program director. JCC Credit applied to your JCC account can be redeemed for any program (and most services) at the JCC, can be used by any family member on your account, and carries no expiration date. Unless otherwise specified in the Program Guide, by a program director, or on a JCC program application, the following cancellation policy and JCC Credit timetable applies to all JCC programs:*
- Due to the costs and booking commitments associated with one- or two-shot programs, we regret that we cannot offer any JCC Credit for programs, classes, or events that meet fewer than three times per programming season. Additionally, The JCC in Manhattan cannot be responsible for providing make-ups or issuing any credit for programs missed as a result of personal scheduling conflicts, illness, emergencies, or other circumstances beyond our control. If you are unable to attend a program in this category, we encourage you to consider your registration fee a form of support for the JCC, helping us to sustain wonderful programs.
- You may receive JCC Credit for withdrawal from a program when your cancellation request conforms to the timetable outlined below. There is a $15 processing fee for all transfers and cancellations.
- Full JCC Credit will be granted for withdrawal from a JCC program when a written request is received at least one week before the date of the first class.
- 50% JCC Credit will be granted for withdrawal from a JCC program when a written request is received before the second class.
- After the second class, JCC Credit cannot be granted. (However, you may transfer from one class to another of equal or lesser value if there is space availability and with the program director’s approval.)
- All cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to: The JCC in Manhattan, 334 Amsterdam Ave., NY, NY 10023, Attn: Registration; or by fax to 646.505.4446. Please allow three to four weeks for processing of your cancellation request and be mindful of the timetable described above.
*All JCC programs and events are subject to change or cancellation. However, in the event that the JCC must cancel its own program, refunds will be issued.
*Certain JCC programs such as Ulpan & JCC Day Camp have cancellation policies that differ slightly. Please check the appropriate Program Guide section, website, program application or check with the program director for complete information.
*These program registration, cancellation and refund policies do not apply to the Saul and Carole Zabar Nursery School enrollment and/or tuition fees. For more information about the Nursery School policies, please contact Tara Ekelman, School Administrator.
Limited scholarships are available for participation in programs. To request a financial aid application form, please call Diane Zultowsky at 646.505.4421 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All requests are strictly confidential. At the present time, the JCC is unable to offer financial aid for JCC membership.
Dietary laws are observed at the JCC. If you have questions about Jewish dietary laws (kashrut) at the JCC, please contact Rabbi Ayelet Cohen
at 646.505.5731 or email@example.com
The JCC in Manhattan:
- requires all members to present their JCC photo ID badges to enter restricted spaces and facilities. Nonmember program participants must present a registration confirmation letter and a valid photo ID. For security reasons, no exceptions will be made. There is a $15 fee to process a replacement JCC photo ID badge. A $15 fee is charged for all caregiver JCC photo ID badges.
- does not permit bicycles, skateboards, in-line skates, radios, inappropriate clothing or behavior, or pets in its facilities.
- does not permit strollers beyond the lobby level; we require strollers to be folded and hung on stroller racks located on the lobby level.
- is smoke-free and peanut-free.
- does not accept responsibility for children in the building unless they are enrolled in specific JCC programs for which adult accompaniment is not required. Staff supervision is available only at program locations during program class hours.
- reserves the right to exclude from membership and activities anyone it deems necessary. This includes, but is not limited to, anyone who fails to abide by the institution's rules and practices.
- does not assume responsibility for the accuracy or validity of any analysis, advice, or recommendations provided by any speaker at a lecture, seminar, workshop, or any other related group. Reliance thereon is at the risk of the user.
- or its agents may record and/or photograph programs and use such images for publicity purposes at their discretion. Your attendance and/or participation is deemed your consent to appear in such programs, photographs, and recordings without compensation or notification.
The JCC is a Jewish organization, welcoming all people, regardless of religious affiliation and practice.
Please visit the hours page
for a complete listing of all facility hours.
The membership office is located on the mezzanine level or available by phone at 646.505.5700 or fax (24 hours a day) at 646.505.4446. Please stop by for visiting during normal membership office hours
The registration box office is located in the lobby or available by phone at 646.505.5708 or fax (24 hours a day) at 646.505.4446. Payment by Visa, M/C, or Amex is accepted. Please stop by or visiting during normal registration hours
We welcome you to tour our facilities. Daily tours are available and can also be arranged by appointment. Call 646.505.5700 for more information. Feel free to join us during one of our scheduled tours
We don't want you to be anxious! However, we know from experience that you should expect some wait time on the morning that Member Registration opens for Children + Families programs particularly between the hours of 9 am–11 am. During this time, call volume is at its peak and the demand on the registration systems (both via phone and online) is at its greatest. If you have some flexibility in your child's schedule, or if you are registering for classes with many sections, please consider calling the JCC after 12 noon when the wait time will be significantly diminished. Please note the JCC cannot guarantee placement in classes at any time. We appreciate your patience while the JCC Staff works to assist you.