Pool Rules + Etiquette
Thank you for making the JCC Pool a healthy place.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the pool deck.
- Rinse off completely in one of our facility showers before entering the pool.
- Wear a swim cap at all times while in the pool (shaved heads excepted).
- Remove all bandages before entering the pool.
- Persons with inflamed eyes, nasal or ear discharges, and boils or other evident skin or bodily infections, including cuts, sores or abrasions, will be excluded from the pool.
- Pollution of the swimming pool is prohibited: no urinating, defecating, or expectorating from the mouth or nose.
- Appropriate swim attire is required.
- In the event of lightning, everyone must immediately exit the pool area. The pool will reopen 20 minutes after the last flash of lightning.
SWIMMER RULES AND ETIQUETTE
To ensure the safety and comfort of all.
- Circle swim required at all times. Stay to the right and swim in a counterclockwise direction.
- Swim in a lane that accommodates your speed. Lane marker speeds are relative. Ask a lifeguard for assistance if necessary.
- Be prepared to change lanes if your stroke speed changes and/or when directed by a lifeguard.
- "Toe-tapping" is recommended as passing etiquette. To pass someone, lightly tap them on the foot, then pass at the wall.
- Allow faster swimmers to pass even without a toe-tap.
- All passing should occur at the wall. Passing in the middle of the lane is unsafe.
- Be aware of the gap behind you and the next swimmer. Use extreme caution when doing flip turns.
- Swimmers paused at the wall should stay to the far side of the lane, away from oncoming swimmers.
- Respect others' personal space.
- Water exercise and walking are permitted in the slow lane closest to the stairs. When this lane is unavailable, the slow lane on the far side of the pool may be used.
- Please return any equipment used during your swim.
Thank you for making the JCC Pool a safe place.
- No one is permitted on the pool deck or in the pool when a lifeguard is not on duty.
- No food or drink is permitted on the pool deck, except water in a nonbreakable container.
- No running is allowed on the pool deck.
- No diving is allowed.
- No person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior will be allowed on the pool deck or in the pool.
- Keep gutter covers clear of equipment.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Depending on the child's swim level and the lifeguards' discretion, an adult may be required to be in the water.
TRAINING POOL SIGN-UP PROCEDURE
- The Training Pool has a maximum capacity of 14 individuals.
- All sign-ups must be done with the lifeguard on duty or a desk associate.
- Pool use is reserved for current Health Club and Pool members and guests with a valid Guest Pass.
- Individuals must be present to sign up for and participate in Family Swim. Patrons may sign up for a 30-minute time period no more than 30 minutes prior to the respective swim slot.
- Patrons may not sign up for consecutive 30-minute slots.
- Individuals may not sign up more than five (5) people for any 30-minute time slot.
- During busy Family Swim times, a wait list will be monitored by the lifeguard on duty.
- At the end of their 30-minute slot, patrons must exit the pool.