IYC Parent Committee
Looking to get more involved in the JCC community? Want to get to know the parents of your kids’ friends? Looking to volunteer some of your time and share ideas? Join the I+YC Parent Committee!
The Infants + Young Children Parent Committee brings together parents with children from birth–4 years to enhance and improve the JCC experience for families with young children. We provide a sounding board to the JCC staff on programming and IYC event planning, and also offer a community of friendship and support to fellow parents.
What we do:
The Committee meets approximately six times during the school year—for meetings at the JCC and off-site Parents Nights Out. Committee members are encouraged to choose among a number of teams/task forces through which to volunteer (see below). We welcome all levels of involvement!
IYC COMMITTEE TEAMS/TASKS
- Plan adult-only social gatherings (i.e., Parents Night Out) and seasonal family get-togethers (i.e., Family Chanukah party, end of year celebration)
- Promote and attend family Shabbat dinners and holiday celebrations with a focus on building relationships with those in our community and encouraging involvement in Jewish Life family programs
- Use social media to post about Family Life programs and classes, respond to and comment on posts in parenting groups, like and comment on JCC posts to boost engagement
- Staff the lobby welcome table during the first week of classes each season to answer questions and to share personal experiences and “insider info”
- Send buddy emails to new member families each month
- Volunteer to be a JCC presence at events like street fairs, Biggest Baby Shower, etc
- Brainstorm and promote various educational parenting events (with a social component)
- Design new welcoming initiatives
- Identify and help secure interesting speakers for IYC Wine + Conversation
Join Us For:
IYC Committee Cocktail Event: Wed, Oct 16, 7:30 pm
IYC Committee Meeting: Wed, Nov 20, 9:30 am
Wine+Conversation with Rabbi Abigail Treu: Wed, Dec 4, 7:30 pm
To get involved contact Yael Kahn Pinto, director of the Wasserman Center for Family Life and Programs for Infants + Young Children, at email@example.com, or 646.505.5721